MVP SCHOLARSHIPS 2019 DETAIL
Coach Zimmer’s MVP scholarships are unique. We not only fund their future education, but also prepare the recipients for their future by helping them land internship opportunities once they are finished.
Coach Zimmer will be awarding 2 MVP scholarships yearly to two outstanding athletes from the state of Minnesota. The scholarships will include $10,000 dollars towards a 4 year university of their choice.
The Mike Zimmer Foundation will award two $10,000.00 (one time, non-renewable) educational scholarships in the spring of 2019. The scholarships will be paid directly to an accredited college, university or community college on behalf of the recipient. The scholarship criteria and application requirements follow.
The Mike Zimmer Foundation scholarship will be awarded to a student meeting the following criteria:
- Must be a senior graduating from a Minnesota High School in 2018.
- Must have participated in a Varsity Sport in high school.
- Must have good academic standing with a 2.75 or higher GPA.
- Must plan to attend an accredited college, university, or community college.
- Must have participated in an extracurricular activity or volunteered in the community.
TO APPLY, do the following:
- Complete and submit the application form (attached).
- With the application form, submit an essay (typed, double spaced, 500-word maximum length) answering the following questions:
- What are your goals for the future?
- How would this scholarship assist you in achieving these goals?
- How has being involved in sports positively affected your life?
- With the application form, submit a resume detailing the following information (where applicable):
- Work experience
- School experiences (athletics, clubs, etc.)
- Out-of-school activities (volunteer activities, church, scouts, etc.)
- Awards you have received
- Hobbies and Special interests
Deadline: The deadline for 2019 scholarship applications is April 15, 2019.
Where to Send: Email completed application form, essay and resume to [email protected]
**PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION E-MAIL AFTER YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
Questions: Questions about the application process or criteria should be sent to [email protected]